They’re so many considerations you should make before getting a pizza oven addition to your kitchen. After a year of working at the pizzeria, I have used (almost) all pizza ovens. Believe me, when I say it, these are the top 10 best pizza ovens.
The 10 best Pizza Ovens of 2018 Review
If you move around a lot and need a pizza oven to carry with you every time then look no further from the Italian pizza oven. This is a classic portable oven that can be carried by one person. It has special features that replicate firewood brick oven and bakes just like it. It requires only 15 minutes of pre-heating and has microvalves that can be adjusted to give you the total control of the flame. This is because it has high temperatures as high as 700F. It has a double layered ceiling that enhances the dynamics of heating.
The oven is well known for the artisan pizzas of Italy. It makes really good crispy crust with well-melded toppings. I honestly think that the oven bakes pizzas a lot better than any other pizza oven. Its portability quality makes it best for places such as campsites and backyards. It is made of stainless steel and is of low maintenance since it is very easy to clean.
What pizza peel can you pair it with? read our review https://fixmypizza.com/accessories/pizza-peel-best/
The oven is well-ventilated thanks to the door that enhances heating dynamics with double wall structure. There is also a ceramic pizza stone whose temperature matches the temperature of the gauge at the top. However, I realized that the oven, during the cold seasons takes really long to warm up but the good thing is that it is able to retain that heat very well. I also learned a trick that if you put the oven on a plastic table that is thick then it will be insulated and the table will not gain the heat.
The oven has a built-in temperature gauge that allows you to monitor the internal air temperature. This ensures that the crust is cooked up to the standard you want it to have, preferably cooked to the golden-brown color. Included in it is a five-foot hose that is adapted to the heavy propane tank for everyday use.
Some of the tricks that I learned when using the Italian pizza oven is that after you are done with baking for the day, scrape the stone. If you decide to wash it then wait until it dries because if you try to cook on it when it’s damp then be prepared to have a sticky situation.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2LGKSEK” button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Light – can even be carried comfortably by one person.
- Easy to use and bakes quality pies and pizzas at a very high rate
- Baking temperatures can be regulated
- Wet dough may stick and the toppings may slide
If you are looking for an oven to make the Perfect quesadillas, mini Frittatas, croissants, Giant Cookies, Hors D’oeuvres, Nachos, Quiche & More Quiche then you are in the best place. I have been using this pizza oven for quite some time now and I must admit I have never regretted buying it even for a second.
I initially just needed an oven that could bake a quesadilla. I, however, discovered that it could bake so many things and for that I found to be very appealing. There was no need of having an appliance that could only perform one task.
Did I mention that this Betty pizza maker has the perfect small size? You can literally move around with it without breaking a sweat. This oven has a self-regulated thermostat that ensures the crust has a crispy and golden perfection. The oven takes roughly 5 minutes to heat up fully. The other thing I found so interesting about it is that when the oven is fully heated, a signal light will change to red. Ensure you use the oven mitt when open in order to allow hot air to escape from the oven.
The oven has a non-stick coated baking plate that makes cleaning up to be very easy. It is also dishwasher safe. It has an indicator light that alerts you on when exactly to add your favorite ingredients. You should use a spatula to check whether your pizza crust has cooked perfectly. I think it is also superior in that it does not use the pizza stones which take quite some time to preheat. It also does not require special techniques to use it.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=” https://amzn.to/2LK8o3Z” button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Very reasonable in price hence you don’t need to dig too deep to get it.
- It preheats very quickly and uses the electricity efficiently hence your electricity bills will not be alarming.
- It has a burner both at the top and the bottom and this feature makes cooking very fast and even. Both the crust and toppings will be evenly cooked.
- It has a deep reservoir hence it works on a very thin or thick crust. The amount of topping does not matter
- It is nonstick hence cleaning becomes very easy. This results in low maintenance.
- The heat is nonadjustable to about 400 degrees
- The units get heated up really fast hence it should be placed on a heatproof surface.
If you are a fun of making your pizzas indoors then the Betty pizza oven should be at the top of your priority list. You will never go wrong with it. This oven has been around for long. This is a clear indication that it is very popular for its amazing features and results. I have never heard of anyone who bought it considering to get another oven and if they do it because they want to replace it with a brand new one.
the convection oven is designed with turbo heating system technology. It is an electric oven that has a fan and exhaust that blows out the oven air over and around the food. This ensures that the food has been evenly cooked and also fastens the cooking process. After that, the heat is then vented out of the oven to prevent overcooking. The oven temperature reaches up to a maximum of 450F. The oven can allow a good sized pizza of diameter 12”. Turning on the fan is optional since there are some foods that can be cooked without it. The convection oven is used to cook a variety of foodstuff.
Some of the best foods to cook using the convection oven drawer are;
- Cookies – It can be used to bake more than one tray of cookies at a time. It cooks them A evenly without needing to rotate them
- It is used to roast meat and vegetables. The dry effect enables them to have a crispy skin and cooks them faster and more evenly.
- It is used in baking pies and pastries since it generates a lot of steam which helps create more lift in the dough.
- When toasting or dehydrating foods since it removes moisture from the food.
- It is advisable to lower the temperature by 25F
- Make sure the air is circulating in the oven very well in order to ensure the food cooks evenly.
- You should check the food much earlier before the set finish time since the food here cooks very faster. This prevents overcooking or burning of the food.
- I preferred not cooking stuff like bread, cakes, and scuffles with convection oven since it dries the outer surface which is not exactly what you would want when baking those particular foods. However, people have different taste so its all about what one prefers.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2kAVIQv” button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- very fast- accelerates the cooking time.
- It is used to prepare very many types of foods including bruschetta and quesadillas.
- 50 minutes timer- automatically shut off and also has a bell signal for when the food is ready.
- Cooks more evenly- It has a fan that circulates the hot steam around the food.
- Saves on energy- Food cooks very fast
- It creates brownness on the meat and vegetables since it has the brown air that caramelizes the sugars when roasting.
- The bottom and top drawers cannot be used at the same time.
- The convection oven is a little bit more costly than other standard ovens.
Using this convection oven drawer may change your life in very many ways. If I were you I would run straight to get this amazing oven.
My friend recently bought the new unni 3 pizza oven and it’s unbelievably amazing. It has an insulated body that maintains its heat efficiency. We cooked a 13” wood-fired pizza in about 60 seconds. This is a very good oven if your goal is to make a couple of pizzas in a short time span. All of this is thanks to its high heat of about 932°F. It takes about 10 mins to heat up.
This oven runs on wood pellets. The wood pellets are inexpensive and dense with energy. They ignite very easily. The wood pellets are made of compressed wood with no hidden extras or additives. The oven is made of very attractive stainless steel. There is a unni 3 oven cover that is used to cover it once it’s not in use. It keeps the oven looking clean and new. The oven has a reflective body that reflects most of the heat back to the stone and this ensures that the pizza cooks properly.
The unni oven has 3 stands instead of 4 which I found to create much stability on any surface. It looks so cool outside in the garden. Another feature that I found to be very cool is the chimney clip. This chimney makes it very convenient to be carried around. It has a grate and hopper that controls the temperature and create consistency in cooking. It is also great for making all sorts of food. Meat, vegetables flatbread, seafood etc.
There is also a flame deflector that deflects the flame directly off the pizza to the roof of the oven.
There are some tips I would recommend for perfect results.
- Ensure the oven is over 650 degrees before putting in your food or pizza.
- Ensure that your pizza is not stuffed with excess cheese or sauce.
- Ensure that you use a lot of cornmeal on the peel to ensure the pizza moves around feely
- Ensure the hopper is filled with pellets.
- Always close the door when the oven is in use.
- Shield the combustion chamber to prevent wind from entering.
From what I witnessed with this oven is that there are very many pros as compared to cons. What I consider to be the cons are so minor that they can be overlooked. Below are the cons and pros.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2LHGdm8″ button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Very fun and interesting to use.
- Easy to clean up.
- Gives the pizza delicious taste since it is cooked by wood and no electricity or gas.
- Saves energy.
- Can be used to cook very many other foods.
- It cooks food very fast.
- The unni 3 pizza oven helps preserve nutrients.
- The exterior becomes very hot therefore children should keep away and the cooks should take care to avoid any injuries. [/joomdev-wpc-cons][/joomdev-wpc-pros-cons]
Cooking pizza at home has never been this fun. This is a beginner friendly pizza oven. This outdoor pizza oven needs only pre-heating for 10 mins and its temperature goes as high as 700F. It cooks one pizza for 5 mins. It can take up to 2 hours on a propane tank of 1lb with an adapter.
This pizza oven is portable and lightweight hence perfect for picnics and camping. It is also very easy to use and safe to be placed on any surface. To get it started you only have to hook it on a propane tank then turn it on. Leave it to preheat for only ten mins and you are done. Cooking can now take place.
This oven also has a reflective heat shield inside that directs the heat back to the top. This ensures that the top of the pizza is well cooked hence the toppings are cooked the same way as the crust. The oven can cook a 14” pizza but preferably 12” would be the best so as to avoid messing up around the edges.
The pizzas that this oven makes are very phenomenal. Unlike the oven I was using before I got myself the pizzeria pronto pizza oven, it makes all sorts of pizzas. The vegetable pizza cooks well and still has that crunchy taste and the cheese melts perfectly the way I like it to. Our neighbors even ask to make pizzas for them because of how delicious they turn out.
- This oven prevents sogginess of the pizzas since it has a moisture vent at its top which releases all the moisture that forms from the heat leaving your pizza tasting fresh and good.
- It runs on propane and not wood.
- It has a double layered pizza stone. Between the two layers, there is air gap that prevents overheating.
It is advisable to use a wooden peel instead of a metal peel that has been sprinkled with cornmeal.
Turn your pizza a couple of times and keep it off the edge of the stone to prevent it from burning.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2J17MF7″ button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It is very affordable so you do not have to break your bank in order to get it.
- It is very fast
- You have to rotate the pizza yourself
- Smaller than other pizza ovens
So far, we are very happy with our purchase and we are eagerly looking forward to more amazing pizza nights. I absolutely recommend this pizza for anybody looking for a good outdoor pizza oven without having to spend much.
This an outdoor oven that is moderately portable. It uses an electronic ignition to light up the burner that uses propane which makes the burning setup with no mess. Batteries are also required for both the motor and the ignitor. One AA for the ignitor and two D cells for the motor. The oven cooks the pizza in about 3 minutes and for this, it has become one of the most preferred outdoor pizza oven by most people. It has so many features that make it so unique.
- It is very fast and this makes it very convenient for most people. This is all thanks to its 60,000 BTU burner that cooks the pizza twice as much as other ordinary pizza ovens.
- It has easy ignition and this is because it has a push button igniter that has durable handles made from steel.
- It has a rotating stone powered by a rotisserie motor. This makes it reliable and accurate and makes everything cook evenly.
- It is made of high-quality materials and a high-quality thrust bearing hence additional bearings are not necessary.
There is a tray under the Blackstone oven that allows placement of the LP tank. There is an additional stone attached at the top of the oven and this makes the cooking more even and of the convection style. The Blackstone can be used for a commercial setting since there is literally no weight time. It can be wheeled around and also set to stand steady. It weighs about 110 pounds and measures 43″ wide, 19″deep.
You can use it to make just about anything that can fit in it. It can be cleaned right after it has cooled down with a soft wet cloth. The interior can also be clean with the exception of the stone.
- Let the oven preheat for about 10 mins.
- Before you load the pizza ensure you turn the motor off
- Brush the stone after every 3 pizzas to ensure the cornmeal does not burn
- Keep the oven away from the wind to prevent it from lowering the internal temperature.
- Use cornmeal to facilitate easy sliding of the dough with much ease.
- Avoid overloading the toppings.
- Allow the ingredients to get to room temperature or allow the frozen food to thaw first before cooking.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2L93g83″ button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It has a dual cooking stone at the top and bottom which makes the food to cook evenly.
- There is no time wastage since the cook time is very minimal.
- It comes with a removable stand.
- The high temperature that goes about 900 degrees.
- It is very heavy
- It has no wood smoke flavor.
This is the newest model of the Wisco oven that has undergone many upgrades from the previous one. It is an electric oven which is controlled digitally and is used to bake pizza and other baked foodstuffs. It is a boxed shaped indoor oven that can be put on any countertop space. It is also designed to be used indoors.
It has a dual thermostat with a temperature low of 350F and a high of 450F. This enables you to regulate it to your preferred temperature in regards to the type of food you are baking. It is very convenient since it has flip up handless that facilitates easy storage and also it has the removable clean out trays.
This oven is very good for making frozen pizzas and other frozen foods. It takes approximately 12 mins to cook frozen pizza without the need to keep turning it. All you have to do is put it in the oven and then take it out once the pizza alarm goes off. Another good thing about this oven is also that it is durable and it’s of professional standards.
- It has removable trays that are easy to clean. This feature makes it beneficial to many since it is of low maintenance and people do not want to spend too much of their time cleaning.
- It has a dual thermostat of range 350F low and 450F high that helps in heat regulation
- It has flip up handles that make moving it around to be very easy. It makes camping and barbecue nights to be very interesting.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2JgUGqx” button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It has an automatic timer that helps prevent the pizza from overbaking
- It is faster than other traditional ovens hence it is worth your price.
- It is very friendly for beginners since it is easy to use.
- It is durable- It can be used for an extended period of time.
- Cooks small sized pizzas
which may be a disadvantage to some people but other people don’t mind because what they care about is the quality of what they are getting out of it.
The two temperature variances are not good for making many types of foods.
I would highly recommend this oven because you will never go wrong with it. It provides good quality pizzas. It is also very good when you are dining with your friends and none of you want to order for something that you can easily make yourselves. One of the many reasons it stands out is that it has a very versatile design. It is easy and convenient. This is inclusive of new users. Its digital control is extremely easy to program and all the buttons instructions are very clear.
My aunt got it and almost all our family members go really fascinated by it. It made a number of things and not just pizzas. We had also hot dogs. It is not only confined to making pizzas.
This is an electric mini oven that is portable and brings about flexibility in storage. It has a very high heating element hence making cooking a matter of 5 mins affair. I was so lucky to have received this pizzarette oven as a birthday present for my family because it has honestly transformed my kitchen life. First of all, this pizza oven looks very sophisticated and hard to operate but in reality, it is very easy to use. All you have to do is to place the dome cover on the oven and turn it on. Leave it for about 15 mins to heat up and put your assembled pizza on the spatula and slide it in.
It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to fully cook it. It can feed 6 people with all their preference being handled at on time. This makes it efficient. The dome gives the pizza nice texture and taste. After cooking is done, the lid should be removed in order to access the pizza.
- It has a handmade terracotta that gives it an exceptional taste.
- It has dual heating elements located at the top and the bottom of the oven. They ensure that the pizza is well cooked. It makes the base to be crispy and the cheese to melt evenly. The top gets cooked as well and the bottom hence there is no undercooking.
- Its elements are high powered and this enables them to take a few periods of time to cook. The time ranges from 5-10 minutes.
- It has removable cooking sheets that are easy to clean. The compact nature of this pizza oven also makes it be stored easily.
- It is aesthetically pleasing and this makes the kitchen countertop look interesting with it on it.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2LLIPz8″ button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It is portable and fun to use for the whole family.
- It has high powered heating elements that make cooking very fast.
- Save time and money during cleaning.
- It has dual heating that makes the food to cook evenly
- It is a piece of art in the kitchen due to its appearance.
- Cannot make full-size pizzas.
This, however, is not a big issue since it can still make many mini pizzas for 6 people at a time. This should be a reason why you should not consider owning this amazing tool.
It is the best pizza in making mini pizzas and other snacks in parties etc. It is very fun to use as a family because it can be placed on the table and everyone can put their pizzas with toppings of their own choice and they all get ready in one time. Don’t be left behind, go grab your own since many people are recommending this pizza oven a lot.
This is an outdoor pizza with a brick oven cooking style that brings true joy to your whole family. The word Afrescamore means love of the outside. It makes cooking outside so interesting. It is powered by 15,000 BTUs and it cooks pizza in as little time as 5 mins. It is connected to one propane tank that you have to buy separately. The good thing about propane gas is that it is easily available and you can get it at any local store. This makes it very easy to use anywhere. With this oven, matches are not necessary at all. All you have to do is to twist the ignition and you have your flame. It requires preheating of about 15-20 mins.
There are very many factors that make this oven very effective.
- It has a dome-shaped stainless steel lining that is shiny, this helps to reflect the heat back to the food hence enabling it to cook fast.
- It has a pizza stone that cooks the food through conduction. It cooks the pizza evenly and leaves no burnt spots.
- The dome lining creates a hot air bag that reflects the heat down onto the pizza and this helps in cooking the pizza toppings evenly and prevents sogginess.
It is powered by a 15,000 BTUs and connected to a propane tank. The propane tank is readily available in many stores and it is also inexpensive.
It is lightweight and made in a compact that makes storage very easy. It also has handles that make portability an easy task.
It has accessories such as a 12” pizza peel, a smoker cup that adds wood flavor to the food, mounted with a thermometer to monitor temperature for accurate cooking.
It comes with a cooking guide that makes work very easy even for a beginner.
It has warming trays that you can use to warm the pizza as one other pizza is cooking until it is ready.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2IX80RQ” button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- It takes less time to assemble.
- Very light to carry
- It comes with necessary cooking accessories
- Melting of the handles due to the availability of too much heat.
This oven is definitely worth your money. It is also one of the lightest outdoor ovens that there is. It has a tray feature that allows you to warm one pizza as the other one cooks. How cool and convenient right? Many people are buying this unique oven and so should you. You will never under any circumstance regret that decision. Head to the stores right away and check them out.
This is a countertop oven that is portable and can be stored in the cabinet or place of choice. It does not require pre-heating so the pizza starts cooking immediately you put it on the oven and turn it on. This oven is used to make chicken nuggets, frozen pizza and fish fillets etc. It has top and bottom heating elements that ensure the food cooks evenly. It saves energy 60% more than it does in the convection oven. A 12” sized pizza can fit in it.
- It has non-stick pans that are removable. This makes them very easy to clean due to the non-stick feature.
- It saves so much energy.
- It has a timer that signals once the food is ready and also turns off the heating elements to avoid overcooking and burning of food.
- It has trays that rotate continuously to ensure all the food cooks evenly. This also prevents manually rotating the pizza
- It has heating elements from both the top and bottom that ensure both sides of the food are cooked evenly. Both the heating elements are controlled separately.
[joomdev-wpc-pros-cons disable_title=”yes” title=”Title Here” button_text=”CHECK PRICE” disable_button=”no” button_link=”https://amzn.to/2Jd8By9″ button_link_target=”_SELF” button_rel_attr=”nofollow”][joomdev-wpc-pros]
- Easy to clean up – low maintenance.
- It is pocket-friendly
- The oven is well built and portable
- It is an open burnet so having kids play around it may not be a good idea
- very thin non-stick layered pan -makes scratching during washing very easy.
Do not use water to cool it as this might cause it to wrap. The best way to get it cools down is by itself. After it cools down you can then decide to clean it and store it.
The nonstick pan is very thin hence wooded utensils are the best to use on it.
The best way of cleaning it is by wiping it off. It is nonstick so it should come off easily. It is also, this can easily be wiped off to clean, instead of scrubbing; that can also scrape off the non-stick coating. Scrubbing the pan during cleaning is a bad idea since it will scrap off the nonstick material.
Oil spray is better than spraying the pan. Spraying creates a very nasty sticky film.
It has a flip on the switch at the top and this makes using it less complicated and beginners find it to be very simple to use. Crispiness can be controlled due to its top and bottom heating elements that can be regulated. Very durable hence worth every penny you spend on it. You will not feel frustrated after purchasing it.
Things to Consider before buying a pizza oven
As small-scale pizzeria owners, we’re tasked with many things. We’re the accountants, we’re the chefs and we’re the marketers. Heck, I even find myself putting on the plumber’s hat when the piping starts to leak. You know that the pizza oven is the most important equipment in a pizzeria, right? Unfortunately, it’s hard pinpointing the “ideal” pizza oven as we’re required to consider various things.
This is no small investment.
We must give it the attention it deserves. Today I’ll share the things I consider when buying one. Perhaps those who make pizza at home will benefit from this guide too. We’ll look at the types of ovens available first.
1. Is the oven exclusively for preparing pizza?
Do you intend to use it for other things? Remember, there’s no big difference between pizza ovens and conventional ovens. You want to get the biggest bang for your buck, right? Consider getting a multipurpose outdoor pizza oven instead. Even though they do not heat up as fast as we’d love them too, they are great in slow cooking.
2. Gas or electricity?
You’ll inevitably find yourself making this choice. Honestly speaking, it boils down to preference. Gas ovens are expensive to acquire but they’re cheaper to run in the long run. Electric ovens are relatively cheaper to acquire on the other hand but you’ll pay for this with huge monthly bills.
Take every advice you get on ovens with a pinch of salt.
What’s your favourite pizza recipe? Will you be making a thick crust pizza, or you prefer a pizza dough without yeast instead? With gas pizza ovens, you’ll have better control over the flame. This means that you can adjust the flame almost instantly. You’ll need this when making a crisp Homemade Pizza Crust. However, most gas ovens have don’t have fans – that’s the catch. There will be uneven heat distribution to the dough and you will have to rotate them by hand to achieve that extra thick crust.
How often do you need to move your pizza making equipment? All good ovens are bulky. Consider getting a portable oven if you often find yourself moving pizza equipment regularly. They make up for their inefficient heat retention by heating up really quickly when we need them to.
Let’s be honest – cash flow is tight everywhere. This is even more pronounced in smaller pizzerias where there’s no clear distinction between the pizzeria’s monetary account and that of the owner. As Pizzeria owners, we find ourselves digging deeper into our pockets when it’s time for renovations and repairs. When acquiring a pizza oven, look at the price tag. People, in general, are misled into thinking that the best pizza ovens often attract the high prizes. I believe that this is a marketing gimmick designed to ensure that you actually pay more for an oven with features you don’t need. Do your own due diligence and you will see the wisdom in this.
Obviously, it’s fun having a pizza oven that has all the latest bells and whistles – as long as you don’t pay through the nose for it. Don’t just look at the price tag when settling on an oven. Look at long-term costs such as routine maintenance and accessories too.
5. How much space do you have?
You can never have enough room in your kitchen. I won’t lie. This is where you will consider getting a countertop oven instead. There are even aluminium double-decks that give you double output while occupying the same space. Find out how much space you have in your kitchen before settling on any equipment. You want to be sure that there’s enough room for it.
6.What’s your expected production capacity?
Perhaps this will be your biggest consideration. You obviously don’t want an oven that won’t meet your production standards. Consider the business model that you’re running your business under too. For instance, if you offer deliveries, you need to ensure that you meet the market’s demands. This is by far the riskiest pizza shop business model. These days, customers are never patient and you can never delay their orders lest you end up closing shop.
They say that carry-out pizza shops make up about half of all pizza shops in the USA. I must say that they the highest pizza production requirements too. Even though you won’t spend as much on staff and furniture, you will be spending most of your time in the kitchen. Should you be complaining? Of course not, get an oven that meets your production requirements and you will be smiling all the way to the bank. Spare me those crafted “inspirational” stories on what motivated you into starting a pizzeria.
We’re all here for the bucks, aren’t we?
7. Does the manufacturer offer support?
In the unfortunate event that the pizza oven misfunctions, who will bail you out? As I said, there is no pizza business without a good oven. This is the heart of your business. It’s heartbreaking that we have various suppliers selling outdated models. Take your time researching for the best outdoor pizza oven and your efforts will surely pay off. You have the internet at your disposal. Use it tactfully and you will see what other customers are saying about a given manufacturer.
8. Consider getting a pizza oven that’s compatible with various accessories
Look at the bigger picture. I’m sure that you’re using various accessories with your existing oven. Look at that pizza stone for example. Give room for growth too. You should spend your money on an oven that will give you a huge return on investment. Look at it this way – aren’t you looking for a reliable oven that will be compatible with various accessories and attachments?
9. Cleaning and maintenance
If you crank up the heat on the pizza oven before vacuuming out all the physical debris and soot, chances are – you’re doing it wrong. All standard decks should be cleaned on a daily basis. They should then be given a thorough cleaning once in a week. I love to do this on Mondays as it’s generally pizza slow day. Keep one thing in mind at all times – Do not use water to clean up the pizza stone surface. You don’t want those stubborn cracks.